1-MCP is a kind of fresh keep agent, and the 1-MCP's chemical name is 1-methylcyclopropene, which is found by scientific research to be the most effective ethylene inhibitor in recent years. 1-MCP has no toxicity, no residue, no pollution to the environment, and has been widely used in keeping fresh for fruits, vegetables and flowers.
This year, one thing that all Polish apple growers can agree is that it is not going to be easy. With hailstones, frost and labour issues, the production of apples is going to have to be smart.
Polish traders get a lot of pressure from the supermarkets for such low prices. Marcin said that he doesn't know how some producers who are agreeing to some of these low prices are making any profit.
With a lower price, the traders who want to have a basic marginal income, have to prolong the shelf life of the apples maximum. However, with the help of the usage of 1-MCP during the cold atmosphere storage, the shelf life of apples will last longer than the normal ones.
Fortunately, the traders cost just a little for exchange a longer life of apples, and of course, they win back a good market and a profitable product.
The dosage of 3.3% 1-MCP powder depends on the volume of the cold atmosphere storage. And per kilogram they just add less than 0.005 euro in the cost and have a longer shelf life in exchange. The value is just there.
The market have always the profit, but only the ones who hold the key will open the door of fortune.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Gas absorber on effects of Agaricus bisporus st...
- The chemistry of sulphur dioxide
- Areas of application of sulfur dioxide
- Risk analysis of sulfur dioxide
- Trichloro isocyanuric acid sustained-release ta...
- Multi-purpose, multiple effects of disinfectant...
- Fungicide main species
- Classified according to fungicide use
- History of microbicide development
- The important function of fungicides
- Fruit Ethylene Absorbent for Storage
- Swelling agent on the human body for any harm
- Respiration and ethylene production of Feijoa
- Punjab food authority decides to ban artificial...
- Farming Guide for Mango Plantation
- Why you should never set fire to a box of mangoes
- How to Keep Fruits and Veggies Fresh
- What is Ethylene?